1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Computers

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by snowconcepts, Jan 3, 2007.

1. snowconcepts

snowconcepts Member

Does anyone use computers in their truck. I was thinking about getting a laptop to keep in my truck and have wireless internet in it so that during a storm i could monitor the radar as to when the storm will be done.

2. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Where are you going to pick up your wireless signal from?

3. bryanj23

bryanj23 Senior Member

Best guess would be from a cell tower like sprint mobile broadband or the like.

4. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

I take my friends laptop with me. He has wireless internet from Verizon. Just like your cell phone can pick up a signal, so cant the card in the laptop.

5. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Dont you need a special hookup from your cell phone?...I dont think we have Verison type service here....

6. DodgeRam1985

DodgeRam1985 Member
    from Ohio

The older type did require a special adapter because it ran the internet through your cell phone. Now they make it so you have a card that plugs into an open data port on your laptop (or desktop) that runs the internet itself and no longer requires the cable connecting it to your cell phone

7. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

But, at what cost per month?

I hear its real expensive.

8. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

$60 per month, 2 yr commitment