1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Computer stand / holder

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Dogplow Dodge, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I'm going to be purchasing a new laptop or a tablet... haven't decided which one.

Does anyone use them in their vehicle, and did you mount it on a stand ? Since I have a center console in my pig, I'd like to install a freestanding mount that I can put the unit on (or into) for use while working, then just unplug when done, or going into somewhere for a bite to eat.

Universal stands are ok, but it should be durable / customizable so that if I change units, I don't have to keep going out and buy a new one.

Thinking of getting a dash cam as well, so I can link it directly to the tablet / computer and record my plowing adventures.

Thoughts on this ???

Most appreciated.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

3. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

4. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

I have a RAM laptop mount for my Ram truck. I don't use it anymore since I use a smartphone for radar instead of a laptop. I can snap a pic of it , if you think it will work just pay shipping and I will send it to you. It's been sitting for a year collecting dust,
  5. shovelracer

shovelracer Senior Member

We use tablet mounts. The Ipad can be removed in one motion and installed the same. There is a lock available which complicates matters. Although I believe the camera does clear the dash just enough, I would never record with it since it vibrates too much while driving. More important than the mount is getting a great cover. I regularly take mine to dusty sites, in the rain, been knocked around, etc.

Here is the one I have in my 2011 F450. I had to make a new custom rod, but that was done in the same fashion with aluminum rod and electrical tubing. There are much nicer ones available for closer to $200. I am happy with mine, but did not want to make a large investment since I was not sure if I would like it. My next truck will have a nicer one since I it is used every day. That said I have had no problems with our current one.

6. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Been a while since i asked this question Anyone fing their ultimat tablet mount?