1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

computer on 91 gmc

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Sharper Edge, Nov 25, 2008.

1. The check engine light comes on if I hit big bumps. Traced it down the the computer module. if you take the glove box out and tap on it the check engine light will go on and off. I replaced the module and it still does the same thing. I can wiggle and play with all the wires and it does nothing but tap on it and it sets it off???? anyone have any ideas what this could be? I don't know if I should replace the computer module and the prom chip or if it's just the prom chip. Thanks
  2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

i know brian at www.tbichips.com has lots of info on this stuff and good power chips to boot. give him a shout and he will help as much as he can.

and when you say changed the module do you mean chip/prom or computer unit?
  3. I changed the computer unit. Re-installed the prom/chip
  4. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I've never ran into that problem before. But I will also vouch for Brian at tbichips.com. Good guy to deal with.