1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

computer chip

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by rmartin, Sep 28, 2004.

1. rmartin

rmartin Member
    from mass

anyone use a computer chip in your truck for a little extra hp and a little better gas milage?

2. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

I have chips in all my trucks. In the 99 PSD I have a TS Performance 75 hp (to the rear wheels) chip, in the 03 PSD I have a TS Performance 4 position chip with settings for stock-50-90-135+hp. And in my 97 with a modded 460 I have a Jet custom burned computer chip, that is supposed to add 30hp. And I now have a TS Performance 4 postion chip ordered for my 05 F-350, the only bad thing is that the chip will be here before the truck will!!

3. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

I have chipped my trucks too, what truck(s) you have and what do you want to know.

4. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 Member

chipped all mine too. my 97 f250, I had from 106,000 miles until 215,000 miles, chipped and runnin the chit out of it the whole time. Those 100,000+ were in a little less than 2 years, adn like I said, no issues due to the chip.
    In my 2000, I have a TS 6 pos. chip. I love to blow a little smoke now and then....
    again, what specific questions do you have??
    greg
    bottlefed89@hotmail.com

5. MOW ME OVER

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

Im running the Diablo Sport Predator tuner in my 02 F350 power stroke. It is usually set in the 60rwhp mode unless im towing around 8,000 pounds or more then it goes down to tow mode in 40hp.

6. ommegang

ommegang Senior Member
    from wi

How about for an 08' 5.4L? Obviously one would have to got to the dealer for warranty reasons. Or does a chip void the warranty? What about transmission and clutch. I've read that they may not be rated for chip upgrade?

Lance

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  7. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

Chips and programmers will void your warranty. The drivetrain might or might not handle the extra power, depends on a lot of variables.