1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Compressor wont shut off

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by jggarrettllc, Mar 9, 2006.

1. jggarrettllc

jggarrettllc Junior Member

So im commin home from wal-mart in my topkick and i notice that my air keeps bleeding off every 30 seconds or so. So i got it home and parked it cuz i dont wanna burn up the compressor. I'm guessin its the cutout switch but i'm still learnin bout the whole airbrake thing. Help!

jay

2. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

I would say you have an air leak somewhere. Build up the pressure chock block the wheels, shut the truck off, take off the maxis and listen for a leak. And it takes alot to burn out one of the compressors on one of them... not to say it couldnt happen but you know.

3. Acmemechanic

Acmemechanic Senior Member

Air

Change Your Governor or adjust it.

4. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Governor,I must agree

Any issues I ever had where taken care of by changing out the governor.I think about $11 new.
    That is as long as you arnt loosing air faster than your comp can keep up with it.You should be able to hear that leak.lol