1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Compress the lift arm on Western Unimount

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by km69, Jul 19, 2015.

1. km69

km69 Junior Member

Just bought a 96 Dodge Dakota with a Western Unimount 6.5 ft plow. I'm trying to take the plow off the truck but I cannot compress the lift arm to go down even after putting full body weight on it (250lbs). The truck is running and plow is in full down position. I presume this is the float position. Is there any way to tell if in float mode and how do I compress lift arm?

Thanks,
    Ken

2. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

You simply hold the down button for a few moments(10- 15 seconds) AFTER it's down all the way (power on) , then it will release the valve and allow the oil to flow out of the ram tube.

Took me forever to figure this out when I first purchased the plow many moons ago.

You can also use a floor jack to jack up the plow, but then that's cheating..