1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Completely redid my Snow-Ex 575 salter

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by deere615, Jan 3, 2010.

1. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Well I am finally getting these pictures up. Back right before the season started I completely tore apart my Snow Ex 575 salt spreader cleaned it all up, primered, painted with black rust oleum mixed with paint hardner, and put everything back together using stainless nuts/bolts:
    Some befores
    spreader before front.jpg
    spreader before spinner.jpg
    spreader before back.jpg
    spreader hoper off.jpg

spreader before front.jpg

spreader before spinner.jpg

spreader before back.jpg

spreader hoper off.jpg

2. deere615

Primered
    spreader parts primered.jpg
    Spreader motor frame primered.jpg
    Frame put back together
    spreader frame put together.jpg

spreader parts primered.jpg

Spreader motor frame primered.jpg

spreader frame put together.jpg

3. deere615

All done:
    spreader put together front.jpg
    spreader put together back.jpg
    spreader redone on truck spinner.jpg
    spreader redone on truck.jpg
    Also installed the vibrator since I didn't when I first got it-its the switch on the far right
    spreader controller woth vibrator switch.jpg

spreader put together front.jpg

spreader put together back.jpg

spreader redone on truck spinner.jpg

spreader redone on truck.jpg

spreader controller woth vibrator switch.jpg

4. blackjack219

blackjack219 Member

Nice job, How do you like the vibrator? What do you run thought it?

5. mtchockey30

mtchockey30 Member
    from MO

looks good

6. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

nice work and the company name and number was a great idea:drinkup:

7. deere615

Thanks its nice I usually run it all the time. I usually only run bagged salt once in a while a little bulk though. But sometimes bagged gets wet or hard and the vibrator gets everything down to the auger evenly
    Thanks
    Thanks, Yeah I deabted for a long time thinking it might wear off fast and look bad but after 3 storms and washes at the car wash its still on good. I will just repaint it when it starts to wear

8. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

should had it sand blasted while you were at it...paint looks like its gonna bubble soon????

9. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping Senior Member

Turned out nice. I like the lettering. Maybe add some reflective tape also. I always add it to all the spreaders I have owned.

10. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, I like the idea too of how you did the company name and number on the back of the spreader.

11. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Looks good. But i agree you should have sandblasted it. The powder coat was rusted pretty bad. And if you did not remove all the rust it will come back even worse. I just had to redo my 1075. The ****** who owned it before me just painted over the rust and old paint. Worst idea ever!

12. Plow Dude

Plow Dude Senior Member

Can you post a pic of where you mounted the vibrator at?

13. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Look at the pics he already posted

14. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I had a 575 for a couple of years that I really liked.... Although I didn't have any success running bulk thru it.... But I didn't have the vib either.......They are a nice unit..... I repainted mine with spray-on truck bed liner.......

Good job

15. Diesel Nick

Diesel Nick Member

Looks good, I just re-did mine also this fall. fixed some rust on the frame and sprayed truck bed liner on it, also added extra protection for the spinner. Im thinking of doing the vibrator soon.

16. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

I run bulk through my Boss 1100 with a vib kit on it and it works great! Best $200 spent!!

17. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Looks a lot better than the before pictures, sandblasted or not. I need to do the same when the season is over. Great pics!

18. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

did you put some sort of plate on the inside where the vib is mounted???

19. deere615

Thanks yeah me too. I was just going to add tape but then I painted the lettering I still think its a good idea to add tape though and I will do it sometime! I have some dot tape laying around I think or I might buy some yellow dot tape
    yep me too I am glad its staying on nice I need to advertise from the back more for cars behind me I gotta get some signs for the trailers tailgate too
    I got alot of the rust off and clean/fluid film it after every storm so I think I will be good
    yeah post 3 picture 2 has the wire coing from it

vibrator is night and day previous owner only ran bulk in this
    Deffinety worth it even for bag cause sometimes some just sticks to the sidewalls and doesn't go down
    yep I like it! plus its pretty easy to tell when its empty vibraotr shakes real bad!
    Thanks yeah it looks alot better and I will keep it clean, paint touched up, and fluid filmed I think it will be fine
    No. I brought this used and thats how it came I did not add the vibrator. But during the redo I thought about it, I need to find a nice little piece of stainless for it

20. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

A little off topic and don't make fun cause I have no clue about these things but can you run sand/salt mix like they use in a v box spreader?