1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Completely Dead Sno-Way MT

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Sandbrew, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Sandbrew

Sandbrew Member

Dead I mean dead.

Won't go up or angle. No lights on the wired controller no clicking no motor running.

Any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting?

The manual says "Refer to Dealer" The nearest one is an hour away.. I can't drive it anywhere as is and I'm guessing they are closed for a few days.

I plowed for 2.5 hours this AM and on my last drive in just died.

Help?

Sandbrew

2. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

check to make sure your power connections are good. that big of a failure is probably just a loose positive or ground cable.

3. Sandbrew

Sandbrew Member

I expected a loose wire as well....I checked all the conections and found nothing loose. I'm headed back out now that it has warmed up from -8 to about 5 above.

Small world I spent my first 18 years in Fairfield County in Bethel.

Sandbrew

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  4. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

check fuses too.

5. Sandbrew

Sandbrew Member

Blown 10A fuse....not sure why.....

6. Sandbrew

Sandbrew Member

I went out this AM to plow out a vacant house drive 95 inches have fallen and the drive has not been plowed. Luckily it had settled/melted to only 2-3 feet in most places. I chained up all 4 wheels and headed out.

After 15-20 minutes of drift bashing....I found the problem sort of....blew another 10A fuse and noticed the radio was cutting in and out......weird. So I popped the hood and found my battery tiedown (threaded rod) touching the power suppy to the plow which is located on the firewall just above the battery tray.

I resucured the battery and issolated the tie down so if the battery pops lose again is should not touch and cause a short.

All goood for now....I hope.

Sandbrew

7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

A cheap and easy fix.