1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Completely confused!!! Help with plow needed!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bchurmm, Feb 14, 2012.

1. bchurmm

bchurmm Junior Member
    from canada

Hey guys fresh to this site and i do enjoy it, mostly been reading other posts to gather information and diagnose problems but this one i am stumped.

i have an older sno way plow and the other night, the joystick wire had popped out after dropping the plow, so.. no movement joystick turned off. I have reconnected the wire through the plug that is about half way for convenience when taking plow off, everything is fine there.
    I have power to the joystick now, but the plow is not moving up down left or right, solenoid is not clicking either, motor makes no noise, plow lights go on, what is my deal here?

Ive ran test lights and also cleaned every connector and the ground, i am stumped, any suggestions????? :drinkup:
  2. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Maybe a bad controller, did you hook the wires back up right on the solenoid after you cleaned them? Had a buddy hook up the wires wrong once and he brought it to me, but I think the solenoid was still clicking.
  3. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

If the wire was loose before it came off and it arced it could have burned the circuit board up. When you create an arc it significantly increases the amperage at that site.
  4. bmcnaughton

bmcnaughton Junior Member
    from indy

I had a wire arc on my plow and it burnt the fuse inside the truck for the controller, so the controller would work out front, but it wouldnt work inside, but it sounds like a bad solenoid. They only go out when you need them.