1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

complete wiring with wireless controller, $330 for newer straight blade plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by josh3049, Dec 28, 2006.

1. josh3049

josh3049 Junior Member

Does anybody know how good these work. I'm thinking of trying this but wanted to get some input first. It sounds like a hell of a deal.

2. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Call me strange, but I don't really know why anyone would want a wireless plow controller. When I am plowing, I am sitting in the truck, not walking around the parking lot like I'm using a remote controlled car.

I prefer simplicity and reliability. Wires are simple and strong and work well. I don't wanna be messing around with dead batteries or a broken transmitter in the middle of a plow event.

Just my opinion, of course...
  3. josh3049

josh3049 Junior Member

I bought a plow and mount with no wiring or controller. The new wiring is about a 1000 dollars complete. Don't really want wireless but the price sounds right. I'm just wondering how the work.
  4. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I bought a plow the same way. Bought a used harness with a damaged connector from the local dealer for $20 and a controller off ebay for $80. Fixed the harness with trailer plugs at a cost of about $15.

But whatever works for you.
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

My biggest fear with using a wireless setup with the little key fob would be losing it or dropping it in the snow! How ya gonna operate it now? ESP? It'd be just one more thing to keep track of.
  6. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

I would buy that buy only if it was the same size of my western joystick