1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Complete Landscape Systems / wichita

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by xtreem3d, Oct 30, 2009.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

hi guys,
    anyone do snow work for Complete Landscape Systems out of Wichita Kansas?...they contacted me today for snow bids in st. louis.
    thanks for any info,
    steve

2. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

I got a few calls dont know if they were one of the companies i would have to look up forms all were out of town and one showed up as kansas on my phone when he called, to do a office building and i got a call from one i had never heard of to do a kmart.
    monthly price was a joke if you actually have to hook up plow. maybe make money with a few salts and no falls
    hope they r giving u a good price.

3. xtreem3d

none of these were for offices or kmarts , and they were not monthly 316 area code

4. naturalgreen

no I only know symbiot as being pretty good and usm as horrible. I will ask some buddies if they have worked for them but they change names or have branches all the time so it is so hard to keep up on them. Did u get a look at the contract, if its really long and indemnifying then run in my opinion. last one I had was cherry logistics i looked it up

5. xtreem3d

no contract ..just a price list of what would be billed out.. plow price was good for the one property that i recognize but salt was way under unless the price was per ton ...but i don't think it was. am supposed to call them on monday and discuss it in detail,
    steve

6. naturalgreen

I dont know about you but i spend most my time salting around here, so i try to make a good profit on it or at least a profit. Good luck

7. xtreem3d

you know it's funny...of all my "buddies" who plow snow i'm the only one that wants those long all day snows where you path all day and do walks all day then clean up...they just want 1" ... go salt.. and go home to bed.

8. naturalgreen

im with you i twitch for two days waiting for the snow amped out of my mind, my plow is so shiny i can see myself and then we get .5 inches of ice and I am bummed. I worked for a bigger company for years and they all dreaded having to plow while I was so ready. I have all winter to lay around and play xbox stond lets plow some snow. My in laws are in woodland park colorado and they had a foot or two already. Here I am thinking about how I am gonna get all these leaves out of a swamp but really wanting to be plowing.

9. xtreem3d

you just had to say.... LEAVES !!!!!!!!!!! :(

10. naturalgreen

hahha there goes the weekend

11. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

They are taking(so they say) the Bank of America contract from USM. I have been in contact with them since Sept bidding the Branches in Central NJ. Just another National
    company...

12. naturalgreen

could they be worse than usm??????
    no way i say

13. xtreem3d

thanks...what do you think of them so far? i know they push snow besides manage property so they seem like they have an understanding of what's involved,.... to be honest i'm bidding the snow just to get the summer contracts
    steve

14. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

TJLANDS and I have spoken about these clowns, I bid 30ish properties for them for landscape maintenance and snow, was told after submitting bids that they were supposed to take over landscape contract as of Nov, 1 2009 but snow was off until 10-11 season. They sent me back numbers that were ridiculous. Meaning between 15 and 50 percent of my bid numbers, I called asked if this was a negotiation ploy and they said nope. I thought that was what they wanted me to come down to be in line with their contracts, but the numbers they sent were, thats where we need your numbers to be. I don't think I'll be doing any work with them.

15. xtreem3d

i only have the winter numbers so far...plowing looks o.k. if i understand the contract correctly...salt is crazy low unless they gave me the per ton price. NOV 1 was the start date here too for snow.. suppossedly they have just entered my area with these bids
    steve