1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Complete Fisher Homesteader Plow setup for Jeep TJ

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by AmericanHandymn, Jan 4, 2008.

1. AmericanHandymn

AmericanHandymn Junior Member

I have a Fisher Homesteader plow for sale off a Jeep Wrangler TJ complete with the plow blade, pump, vehicle wiring harness, controller, and vehicle mount. It was used last season lightly and is as new to new as used gets. No rust or damage of any kind. It works great and has downpressure while weighing in at only about 250lbs! This set up with vehicle mount, wiring, controller and all was around $3,800 last year....looking for $2,600 but cash in very close reason talks. Located in Ridgefield, CT.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AmericanHandymn

2 more pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. AmericanHandymn

Back to the top...willing to take reasonable offers.

4. Trailblazer02

Trailblazer02 Junior Member

$1500 by the look in the pictures

5. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

you couldnt get a complete 8' HD setup for less than 2K

6. Steve'sZr2

Steve'sZr2 Member

thats true, but for some reason the homesteader/ suburbanite, seem to hold their value. when i was looking for used plows, a steel fisher of the same year was cheaper then the homesteader. :dizzy:

7. Trailblazer02

Trailblazer02 Junior Member

yeah they do hold value for some reason! but in this market if someones gonna pay 2600 then they should go buy brand new...but i would drive down thre right now and give 1500 cash ya know cuz i still have to buy the push plates for my truck and get it installed!!!

8. jrunner01

jrunner01 Member

That all depends on who is buying and what they want to save. I think saving about 1k, give or take depending on installation, on a plow is worth it. If some don't then buy new.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  9. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

Try e-bay.

I sold a 4 year old Western SUV plow on e-bay for $100 less than it was new. Picked it up new for $2,600 and sold it for $2,500 around this time 4 years ago. I put it on for about $1,500 no reserve, but it soared in the last hour or so, high bidder said they were hard to find new (maybe supply problem, IDK). This was an outlier, doubt it would happen again.

$1,500 sounds like a reasonable price for the plow, maybe $1,800 even though it is barely used plows seem to generally go for a lot less compared to new. I did just pick up a 6'8" Suburbanite plow off a TJ for a very good price, it was no advertised, friend told a friend kind of thing.