1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Complaints are a Gift

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by mdvaden, Oct 3, 2009.

1. mdvaden

mdvaden Junior Member

To meet my need for 4 hours of CEUs toward my landscape license, reading a business book is allowed. I bought one called A COMPLAINT IS A GIFT and another book about Rainmakers, as in sales, a term I never heard of.

Anyway, browsing the pages, realzed that I want to master customer service. to the end that even my customer become rainmakers. It would be the upper rung of word of mouth.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Good thing I know you from LS or I'd flag this post as spam!
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

There is no better praise for a salesman but its used for anyone who brings in big money, the best producing partner in a law firm or the person who hustles lots of money for political parties.

I agree about the customer salesman being the best, well second to the guys who recruit suicide bombers.:nod:

Do you get a cut of the royalties?:laughing: (need an excuse to use the new smilie)
  4. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Yeah no kidding!
  5. mdvaden

mdvaden Junior Member

The Rainmaker book would not have been interesting to me, had it not started out on the premise that the company must have a real benefit to offer.

In the Complaint titled book, one part that stood out waw a hotel example, where the hotel and problem were coupled together at first at odds with the customer. But later, utilizing the complaint, that coupled the customer with the hotel at odds with the problem which was isolated from other customers until it was corrected.