1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

complaints about calicum chloride pellets

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by First Responder, Dec 1, 2013.

1. First Responder

First Responder Senior Member
    from 48015

Has anyone had customer complaints about calicum chloride pellets? Besides the cost of it!
  2. Do It All Do It Right

Do It All Do It Right Senior Member

They can be very slippery like walking on marbles. They also track into the buildings and can cause slip and falls inside. Ive heard of someone being sued for a slip and fall inside the building due to the cacl pellets.
  3. First Responder

First Responder Senior Member
    from 48015

No kidding....I have never had any problems with using them, besides tracking.....hmm I guess that's a good reason to wipe your feet at the door! Thanks for the input!
  4. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

I had a customer really give me a hard time two years ago as the carpets kept gettig trashed in the offices. I switched to pure melt and it tends to work longer and doesnt track as much. Also get compliments about the color and the can see that i treated the areas. Benefit to me was its about 4-5 dollars a bag cheaper.