1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Complaint in newspaper...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Jan 27, 2007.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Someone wrote this in.:gunsfiring: :realmad:

Blow off steam plow stake (Small).jpg

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

How stupid are people now adays??? Fall and skewer himself??:dizzy: Cant we take some of these people and beat them with a garden hose??:gunsfiring: :angry:

3. grandview

I guess, maybe he's a Vampire? :nod:

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

That could be the case:D Either way, I have never heard of anyone complaining about something this ridiculous. Next thing before you know it, the popular trend is gonna be sue the snowplow guy.:angry: over his stakes or cause his truck is too loud.

5. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Wow!!!!! I never realized that delivering news papers was such a dangerous job. That guy should get a medal or something!!!!! Maybe he could just wait untill the snow is cleared to deliver, or learn to walk!!! I know around my area papers are delivered early in the morning. Now I don't want to jump to any conclusions but maybe this guy goes to the bar. Then he leaves at 2:00, picks up his papers, and then walks it off !!!!!! Agagin Wow it takes all kinds !!!!! Lifes tough wear a helmet!!!!!

6. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

oh my god that was funny!, Sucks that the idiot was calling you out but still damn funny. Here lets come up with a reply:

Dear idiot news paper boy, try this: Winter Boots and a head lamp. Amazing what a little light and traction can do for your own safety. BTW, I use to deliver papers back in the day, when it was uphill both ways! Oh, why your at it, tell all your customers to buck up and pay for salt services, then it will be a none issue. Sincerely, just another plow guy.

7. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

What an idiot! either he is drunk or just stupid when it comes to walking. I say take them out, sharpen to an extreme point then put'em back in.

8. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Now thats frickin funny! LMAO Learn how to walk you idiot!

9. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Darwin
    It's not just a good idea.........:salute:

10. TerrForms

TerrForms Member

I'am going to get 2 ft. pipe cleaners! Replace all my stakes. (sure)

11. fatboy

fatboy Senior Member

:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: no words for that kind of stupidity!

12. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

If I personally saw this guy "fall and skewer" himself, I would no doubt shake his hand.

13. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

I think I'd tell the guy what my Grandpa always used to say. "You and me would look awful funny going into the hospital, you walkin' bow legged and me hoppin' on one foot behind you"

14. grandview

If he fell on the stake and the homeowner called you, would you charge them a clean up fee?payup

15. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

what do you clean that up with, oil dry for the blood, or a scoop of dirt and bury him right there in the yard?

16. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

While your on the subject of stakes, heres a phone message I got last week:
    "I was backing out of my driveway and hit your plow stake. It crushed the rear quarter panel and the bumper. I expect you to call me right away as the estimate is about $2800. I'm sure after 6 years of servicing us, your insurance company will pay for the damages, if you would like to keep us for a customer in the future."

17. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L Senior Member

It's a shame some people are so closed minded to see the point. Personally, I think whats stupid, is the use of wooden stakes. Perhaps you might think this persons individual circumstance or experience may be obsurd, but he has a very rightious (sp) complaint. I see the same thing around.

Where I have noticed it, is at a local shopping center. Where you can have a high amount of foot traffic traversing the lots & cutting through the grass areas. Even in the absense of snow its easy to trip over a 2 foot steak sticking out of the ground behind a parked car or something. Imagine if their were snow on the ground, how difficult it could be see them. Perhaps at night, after leaving a restaurant, as you walk across the lot to your car. Theres a number of circumstances where one could trip over a wooden stake, it inspite of what some might think, they can post a very serious risk.

In short. I agree....use long flexible well reflective markers... NOT STAKES.,

18. Elwer

Elwer Senior Member

UHHHHHH SPEECHLESS What are they thinking??? Its there own stupidity that they hit the stake!!!:gunsfiring:

19. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

You have got to be kidding me!! Besides admitting to their own stupidity, and to top it off making a threat to no longer be a customer...

Is the job worth any money? Is the customer?

I had steel plow stakes out last year, one customer kept them on me! This year I bought some of those orange fiberglass ones...

20. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I'm trying to figure out how a wooden stake (or any other type) could do that much damage. The most it could do, it seems, is put a ding on the bumper as they ran over it, scrape the paint and put a dent on the quarter panel or puncture a tire. All that together is a long way from $2800 of body work. I'd be tempted to go see what they're talking about and then go buy some more of those really tough stakes.