1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

compatible controllers - 20 pin harness #22691

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by JeepCoMJ, Aug 4, 2013.

1. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

like the title says.

Looking for compatible controller for said harness. Powering a hybrid pump (e60 that I've converted more or less to an E61H using an E58H valve block, lift ram, lift cylinder, lid, and E47 can. Just had to remove A valve, block with piston check bolt/nut and remove the adjustable drop from the base) on a Drive Pro 6'8".

I see that it's a 12 pin connector, and that the "basic" pistol grip (wide face, large buttons) works with it....I don't like it, especially for the price.

In fact, I'd really like to know if they make a plug that plugs into the 22691 harness on the control end so that I can wire a slik stik to it...I have 6 or 7 of those laying around so I'd just as soon use one so I don't have to drop $200 or more on a controller I won't like, and that will fail.

Thanks

2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

why not just get a slick stick harness, they are only 60 bucks or so

3. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

Drive Pro is a quick mount setup, has a 20 pin connector to just plug and play. This is on a Jeep Liberty so it won't be on the truck except when snow falls. Personal use only and it is my DD so keeping wear and tear to a minimum is necessary.

I actually would like to put a slik stik on it, but I'm not willing to cut up a $200 harness. If I could find the control side plug (12 pin) to plug into it, I'd cut up one of the spare 6 or 7 slik stik harnesses that I have and do that.

Thanks
    Pat

4. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Meyer has a conversion to take the weather pack connectors to bullet style on the coils so you can run slick stick harness, the part # is 15912

5. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

Thanks. I actually have a spare set of those, problem is I can't use that. I need to retain the round 17/20 pin female reciever on the body....this is a drive pro so the entire unit comes off.

I got lucky at my local plow dealer and found a brand new old stock meyer 22691 harness for the body side. I already have all of the mounts and blade side harness for the round style, so this is what I needed. cost $100. not bad considering it's over $200 new from Meyer.

Ordered
    the light adapter (07180), modules and such as well.

As I did not have the clevis, I had to order that (Meyer 19836) and mount (18503).

Now I've just got to wire the slik stik to the 22691 harness. Seeing as I didn't pay full price, I've just decided to splice the slik stik harness into it. I will be using a 12 pin weather pack connector to set it up so I can revert back to the 22690X controller if I ever happen upon one for cheap.

All told now, I'm into a mint 2 year old Meyer Drive Pro 6'8" setup for $1181.88 (paid $500 for the light carton, pump, nite sabers, sector, moldboard. I will need to add a deflector as it didn't come with one, and replace the moldboard decal to represent...but I cannot complain about the investment considering the value of the setup.

Thanks for the help guys!