1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Compatibility of new cradle and existing plow

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by eliyyah, Aug 27, 2016.

1. eliyyah

eliyyah Junior Member
    from ohio

Hopefully I'm not asking a question that has alreadybeen addressed. If so, kindly provide a link. Basically I have a Snow Dogg Plow MD 75 or 80 (it's late and the plow is buried in my garage so I can provide exact model if needed tomorrow). It came with a used truck I bought (1999 Ford F150 4x4 4.6L). I've since upgraded to a 2016 Silverado HD 2500 LT 6.0L 4x4 Crew Cab (Gas, Snow Plow Prep package etc). I traded the Ford in and yanked all the plugs and controls for the plow. Here's my question, is there a cradle on this planet that is compatible to make it work with my Silverado. I would be so grateful if someone could answer this. I live in Ohio and the weather is closing in on me since we're going into September now I want to be prepared. Thank you in advance !!!

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Have you talked to a dealer or Buyers?

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Most likely will need a headlight harness also.

5. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

You're going to need a Chevy mount and wiring harness.

6. eliyyah

eliyyah Junior Member
    from ohio

Thanks Kimber ... I'm seeing 2015 GM and thinking this could be what I needed to hear but will discuss with hydraulic shop or Buyers just to confirm. I hadn't seen this document till you showed me. Appreciate that.

7. eliyyah

eliyyah Junior Member
    from ohio

Thanks for getting back to me Buff. No, everyone was closed last night when I was thinkin bout it. Will do tomorrow since today Sunday and Buyers seems to be closed as well. Appreciate ya!

8. eliyyah

eliyyah Junior Member
    from ohio

Gonna look into that as well Harley thanks! I'll post couple of pics of what I'm working with.

9. eliyyah

eliyyah Junior Member
    from ohio

2016-08-28 10.58.16.jpg

This is the truck. Trying to upload the plow..

10. eliyyah

eliyyah Junior Member
    from ohio

2016-08-28 11.13.17.jpg
    Had to resize the image. It turns out it is MD75.

11. eliyyah

eliyyah Junior Member
    from ohio

I appreciate all you guys trying to guide me.

12. eliyyah

eliyyah Junior Member
    from ohio

2016-08-28 11.17.19.jpg
    This is front end of my old 99 F150

13. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Is that s 7 1/2 ft wide? If it is, it'd not wide enough for the new ride.

14. eliyyah

eliyyah Junior Member
    from ohio

7' 6" I think (Snow Dogg 75MD). That would suck royally if it's not wide enough although I'm not sure how that works or why it wouldn't be wide enough. Thanks Randall

15. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

How wide is your truck?
    How wide of a path does the plow clear, straight and swung to one side?
    ( it clears a narrower path when it's swung to one side or the other.
    Remember as you turn steering wheel the rear wheels go to the inside of of the arch or circle.

This means when plowing snow with the blade straight on you will be driving in the snow that spills off of the side ie you're driving in the berm, swing it to the side and one side of your truck is really in the berm,
    And the other is in untouched snow.

Now turn and it gets worse.
    Not to much of a big deal with only a inch but your still packing down snow instead of removing it.
    As the snow gets deeper you run a higher chance of getting stuck in said berm.

So it's a good idea to get at least a 8.5ft plow for a truck that is as wide as your is.
    I use a 10 ft v plow. But I'm looking at 9.5 for my next one.

16. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Your going to want a 8 1/2 ft plow. How long is that bed?

17. eliyyah

eliyyah Junior Member
    from ohio

@SnoFarmer and @randall the truck bed isn't a full size 8' long be but it isn't a short bed either. I'd have to measure the bed for the exact size but from what I can see the width is 81" or 6 3/4 feet. Wifey gonna be so pissed. Lol, anyone wanna buy a 7 1/2 ft Snow Dogg MD75? J/k...

18. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

You can put a set of wing on your current blade to pickup an addition 10"<> of width per side (20" overall) rather than buying a new plow.

19. eliyyah

eliyyah Junior Member
    from ohio

@BUFF now you're talking my language. Good idea. Let me talk with the hydraulic shop to see how it could be done. Do you think it would be a custom deal or can I order wings? I guess I can do a little leg work and dig around. Thanks

20. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Buyer makes wings specifically for SnowDogg plows.