1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Compatabilty question: Fisher 6.5MM

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kenhilton, Apr 1, 2005.

1. kenhilton

kenhilton Junior Member
    from maine

Have a chance to get a good deal on a Fisher 6.5 MM complete setup. The setup is currently on a 1992 Ford Explorer. I would be putting it on my 1992 S-10, 4.3 v6. Besides the pushplates, what will I need to change to make this work with my truck?
    Thanks to all in advance!
    Ken

2. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

Push plates and harness for the approprate power pack. Assuming the plow is the same vintage as the Ranger it will be the SEHP and not Insta-Act. They are actually a nice little plow. If I could have gotten one for my 2001 S-10 I probably would still have the truck. People berated the poly cutting edge when those blades came out. Now all the big boys use them claiming better scraping and less chatter.

3. kenhilton

kenhilton Junior Member
    from maine

Thank you WFD44 for your response. Are these items still available thru fissher? or is it something i'm going to have to track down? Any dieas of cost?

Thanks again.

4. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

I would be willing to bet you could still get both through Fisher. No idea of price though. You might try ebay for the pushplates. I would be reluctant to go used/ebay on the harness though unless it was really in good shape.

Where in Maine are you? I may be able to recomend some places locally.

5. kenhilton

kenhilton Junior Member
    from maine

Norridgewock. Hight Chevrolet does fisher that I know of but not sure of anyone else

6. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

Well you are a little ways out of my area (South Portland). I would have, actually still would, recomend WA Messer in Westbrook if you can't find what you need more local to you. Brake Service, and Equipment Depot in Bangor and Oconnor's are all listed as Fisher Distributors too. For used stuff I would try Brown's Exit 27 Salvage (I don't think they changed their name when the exits changed) in Gardiner. They usually have a bunch of used plows and parts. There also is someone who occasional lists on ebay and in Uncle Henry's in L-A. Good luck.