1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Compatability Question?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kelpike, Nov 28, 2004.

1. kelpike

kelpike Junior Member

I have a 94 full size Chevy Blazer with a Fisher plow setup on the truck. I do not have a blade. I recently came across a Meyers blade dirt cheap. It seems if I have plates welded to the sides if the pin locations, they will line up with my Fisher frame. I am wondering if the hoses from the Meyer blade would be compatable with the hoses in my truck which are the Fisher hoses? Thanks in advance for any help.
  2. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

There is a guy the has posted a 7 1/2 foot Fisher blade with a A frame and cylinders up in your area for $50 bucks in this forum under for sale threads. Check it out. You do not want to do what you are thinking.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2004
  3. kelpike

kelpike Junior Member

Hi, thanks for the link, I will look into it. I believe that Plymouth is at least a few hours away from me though. Could you please expand a little on why you think that I should not try this match? It seems that the welding is a minor thing and as long as the hoses are compatible, I cant think of any other problems. Just for the record, I do not plan to plow with this for a living, I just want it for my own driveway. Thanks again,
  4. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

You May Have To Change The Fittings On The Hoses But That Is Cheep Compaired To A New Plow.
  5. Tarkus

Meyer plows and Fisher plows trip differently and their A frames and hitches are designed accordingly. If you change the Aframe too it would be a little easier. It would be worth the few hour drive to go check that Fisher plow out as it will "bolt" right on with no modifications.
  6. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

basically you should look at the mount for the meyers and try to duplicate it on your truck- if you have skills you can do it with no problem-grew up on farm had to make the most of whats around-dont be afraid to tackle it if you can weld-you can swap almost all straight blades with a little fabrication
  7. tonybands

tonybands Member

I have an 8ft. Fisher Minute Mount off a 96 Chevy 3/4 ton. All complete with extra cutting edge (no lower truck frame). $300.00, however it is in Buffalo NY.
    Let me know if you are interested.
  8. Tarkus

Anything can be done if you can cut and weld the question is when you are done how feasible was it when done? (I have built many things over the years) I would weld the meyer on only if I could not find a cheap used fisher reasonably close by and not the mention also that a old used Fisher RD plow would be a lot stronger than the a Meyer too no matter how good you weld the Meyer on.