1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Compatability Question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BillyRgn, Oct 18, 2012.

1. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

So I just got back from the local dealer after up grading one of my trucks to a brand new 8ft HD with the snow foil and handheld controller. Couple things, I'm surprised they went back to two plug set up but that leads to another question and I was surprised what they did with the spring that pulls the lift cylinder down, they don't use the cable any more they just clip it to one side of the lift chain, kinda makes it look hacked and cheap but still functional. I also realized the joy stick controller they gave me is the one for the extreme V and Xls. So my compatability question is, I bought two extreme V'S last year a 8'6" and a 9'6". they are also both two plug and have the same handheld controller. So finally are these plows swappable ( could I put the straight blade on one of the trucks that came with the V and could I put a V on the truck that came with the straight blade). If this is the case it would be awesome and long over due to make them all compatible with the same controller. After all the leaf to snow switch will be a hell of a lot easier because I will only need one truck to jockey a bunch of plows around of this is the case. I know the plows before this were not comparable because of 3 plugs vs 2 and what not but how about the new plows
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

You answered prety much all of your own questions. All new plows are 2 plug and interchange I think depending on the controller. And yes they cheapened the crap out of the spring and cable set up. Cut off the conector on the chain and put a cable on like the old plows have. And problem solved.
  3. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

Just remember those plows may or may not have the security guard feature on them so switching controllers or plows might not work 100% of the time
  4. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

I know the V's have the security guard I haven't checked to see if the new straight blade comes with it or not but all my stuff has the same codes so I imagine it will work, it is great that they finally made them interchangeable. One other thing I forgot to mention that I thought was a good idea is they now have a pretty durable plastic cover on the top of the pump to protect it
  5. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

I also plan on putting a cable on the spring for what it cost I'm kinda disappointed with fisher for going them cheaper route. After playing around a little with it I don't think it serves its purpose as well as it would I it had the cable . Overall I'm overly impressed with the new design and think they finally made it more fleet user friendly
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  6. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yes, the new straight plow should have security guard, and you could just enter the same code for all your plows.