1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Comparing Snow Pushers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plowgirl414, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Plowgirl414

Plowgirl414 Junior Member

Hey everyone!! I'm new to the site, so forgive me if i do something stupid. I am looking for people's input on the different Snow Pushers that are on the market.. protech, daniels, arctic sectional, kage...?????
  2. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Protech and Arctic Sectionals seem to be good pushers. Jd Dave would be a good person to ask about pushers

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Snowdogg makes pushers too. I've heard the rubber cutting edges are junk on them. If I ever buy one I will take the rubber one off and put a steel one on.
  4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

We've owned both rubber and steel trip Avalanche pushers. I've sold all my rubber edged pushers as I found they weren't very effective at scraping any hard pack. They worked amazing at cleaning up slush prior to re-freezing.

The Avalanche pushers are built tough and would recommend them. I would invest in their Avalevel, which may sound like a dumb investment at first, but reality is, it may help with premature wear on the backside of the pusher if its not properly seated-and its sometimes hard to see if your pusher is planted properly on th ground.

I really like the Arctic pushers, but have no real exp with them-JDDAVE does. The Arctic pusher will seat itself properly when lowered, and its sectional blade design will allow for better scraping over the entire length of the pusher, where other pushers may ride over crowns in the pavement resulting in 1/2 inch of uncleared snow.

You can have the best of both worlds-rubber and steel trip in one pusher. I believe both Avalance and Protec offer this type of pusher.

If you're going to be doing any commercial type properties, I would limit the length to 14 ft max. A 12 ft has worked best for us, esp when clearing snow during the day in a parking lot full of cars. If you're into wide open plowing at night, then go for the biggest the machine can handle. :drinkup:
  5. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Be careful with that. With no trip and a steel edge, you better wear a helmet and be prepared to buy lots of cutting edges and windshields.
  6. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I have 5 Arctics. Love them, I wouldn't have any other brand.

I guess JD isn't the only Arctic guy.

7. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

I will be picking up a snow pusher with a steel trip blade this year...still up in the air on which brand.
  8. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I have an 8ft & 10ft Bobcat pusher, and have had really good results with them. My dad also has an 8 and 10fter. We have not had one problem with the rubber edges on them, except for one of the 8fters wore the edge out in one winter, but Bobcat replaced it for free. We are going to try a 1.5 inch thick peice of urethane on 1 of the 8fters this winter and see how it does. If it works good, we may switch them all to urethane, when the rubber wears out. I did alot of researching of pushers before I made my purchase and then turning my dad onto buying a couple.....IMO, I found that the Bobcat pushers & Arctic pushers were the top products out there. Some of the reasoning I went with the Bobcat was 0% financing, about $1500 - $2000 less cost per pusher, & the fact I & my family have a long history of buying products from the local Bobcat dealer - and there is alot to be said of dealer support as everyone knows!!

P.S. I have realized you didn't state what your putting the pushers on? And unless its a SS or tractor with quick attach, they wont be an option......and in that case I would say look to the Arctic.
  9. acs powerwash

acs powerwash Junior Member

Arctic Sectionals are the only way to go. Best on the market!!!!! We wont even consider purchasing anything else, we own pushers from 3 other manufactures and nothing compares to the Sectional.:bluebounc :bluebounc :bluebounc
  10. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

daniels are very nice too. If your getting a box plow daniels are top notch. Very well built. My buddy uses one on his SS. But Arctic seems to make a really nice plow.