1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ultimate lawns, Aug 31, 2002.

1. ultimate lawns

ultimate lawns Member

Is eneyone familar with brickman landscaping? they are out here in chicago IL. eneyone else familar with them? they are also a huge snowplowing comapany out here in the suburbs. thanks,

ultimate lawns and more
  2. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

There's a Brickman property management here who does all the grounds maintenance for IBM, they run brown & tan trucks. Funny thing is, they don't have the snow contract.

I have to amend my post, I remembered they do have a partial snow contract, clearing the sidewalks. They don't have the lots though.
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2002
  3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I have seen those trucks as well. I have also seen trugreen chemlawn trucks pulling landscape trailers with mowers and full equipment.
  4. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

brickmans is also around the philadelphia area
  5. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Brickman is one of the 20 largest landscaping / grounds maint. firms in the US. Check out the landscaping trade magazines....

I know they are in the top 20, if not, much higher....

Tru-Green is old news... even Scotts is getting into the residential/commercial maint. market. I just got a letter from Scotts last week stating they are "seeking local franchise partners" in my town. Last year, I had a "run in" of sorts with a Scotts franchise. Seems they had a contract for a Home Depot to do the plowing that was part of a shopping center contract the company I was working for was contracted to plow, as part of the shopping center... go figure.

The guy from Scotts said "We have contracts for 17 Home Depots, and this is one of them".

The property manager told me to let them plow it, and it would be the last time they did. HE would straighten them out... I explained that was fine, but they would be billed for the 2 salt applications we made loooooong before Scotts showed up to plow....

6. Kurt B.

Kurt B. Junior Member

The Brickman Group, Ltd. was listed at #3 on the Big 50 landscape companies this year with 85 Branches, 1200 employees, and 272 million in revenues. I have known several guys who worked for them at their long grove, IL headquarters in the Chicagoland area.. They offer snow removal services to properties which they maintain the landscaping.
  7. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

8. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

They are in MA, too. I just thought the were a local co.