1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Company on Lockout/Strike- OWES Me For Snow Plowing ??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by deere615, Mar 25, 2012.

1. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

One of my clients staff recently went on strike they are not a huge company maybe 25 people if that, They owe me for the whole year $750 the pay per push and I only pushed them a few times. They were always late payers but if I showed up at the office 2 or 3 times I got my check, now I can't gates locked with 2 padlocks I only have the key for one. no ones is ever there besides 2 or 3 people picketing. Emailed the CEO no response. can;t even get in to get my plow stakes.
    Do I go to the magistrate?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Wait till the strike is over.

3. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

I'm pretty sure if the entire staff is on strike, the plowing bill isn't high on the CEO's list,

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Unions Rule...

5. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

I've been in this situation... Your just gonna have to wait and that's all there is to it...

6. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

:laughing:

7. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

They built America, dontcha know. :dizzy:

You might want to think about small claims court\lawyer sending them a letter\something.

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah. They did a fantastic job in Detroit, and public schools are thriving

9. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Push the snow back where you plowed it from. That will teach them a lesson!!!!

10. deere615

Kinda figured I was going to have to wait it out, its not hurting me or anything so I will. Thanks guys

11. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

A lockout and a strike are two different things. A lockout is when the company is being bought out and are changing the things. And union is forced to go a long with it or get locked out. And they hope to get what the company agreed with. There should be security there ask them if you can get your stuff back.

12. fireside

fireside Senior Member

I was involved in a lockout as it's called. My skidsteer was lock behind there gate and they even changed all the gate locks. I got no response from anyone in the company. I had to go to court to prove i owned my skidsteer the one lettered with my name. It took a month to get it back. Have your attorney do some looking into why. If it's labor related they must file papers with the goverment. If it's involved in any other legal deals that will also show when the run the company name.

13. deere615

So this business is no more now and I still never got paid, whats my next step, magistrate? Lawyer? write it off??

14. fireside

fireside Senior Member

Your to late if there closed already they probloy left debt alot bigger than yours. On the slim chance have your attoney run the company he will be able to tell you how they closed. I have my attorney run all my clients every 30 days to see if they have filled any court papers after i got burned but i did get my skidsteer back. sorry

15. deere615

Alright thanks for the reply, I contacted my attorney we will see what they say...