1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

compact vs sps pusher

Discussion in 'Pro-Tech Sno Pushers' started by xtreem3d, Aug 26, 2008.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

the difference in cost of a compact pusher vs an SPS is more than i thought so i'm wondering if the compact pusher is a lighter duty model or are they made of the same strength steel just shorter?
    steve

2. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

I own a ten foot compact and love it! It is the same thickness of steel but is not as tall. We do not use it on a skid steer often because it usally is on a backhoe! A full size 4x4 backhoe! Ive owned it for 3 years and not had one problem with it. The best $1300 i have ever spent. The best part about it is that I get paid the same hourly rate as a fullsize!

3. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

thanks mike....by sheer luck i recieved a notice that the pro-techs are on sale until sept 30 !!

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

This is coming from someone who owns a lot of protechs and also works part time for a protech dealer. The compact pushers are for like compact and ulilty tractors. They are made a lot lighter than the larger ones. I know some people have had good luck with the compacts. But a lot more people who twisted them up by running them on full size equipment. If you need a skid steer model, just buy one. Don't try to cheap out on the compact and mount it to the bucket.

5. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

I forgot to mention my RCS is also a compact and it is 4 years old and not had a single problem with it either. It how ever is lighter duty than the protech but has a quick attach mount on it. The RCS was also cheaper than a regular skid steer pusher. Good luck!