1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

compact tractors

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by kramarj, Mar 13, 2008.

1. kramarj

kramarj Junior Member

anybody have any pics of their compact tractors and how they plow snow, like what kind of attachment/implements you use?

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Welcome to Plowsite, kramjarj. If you'll click on the "Search" button and type in "tractor", you'll come up with some good reading.

3. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Heres my jd 2210 for ya...

mime-attachment.jpeg

4. merrimacmill

from MA

And heres a video I made of one of our guys driving the 2210 during one of the Feb storms. It does pretty darn good for a 23 hp diesel tractor, as I'm sure you can see by the video..

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uNwKC1KOrZ8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uNwKC1KOrZ8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Here's my Deere 4310 and my Curtis plow.

1.JPG

6. DeereFarmer

Stacking with the bucket...

2.JPG

7. DeereFarmer

and another...

3.JPG

8. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Great video and song choice. Nice tractor First time.

9. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

Merrimacmill how much did that set you back

10. onsight

onsight Senior Member

Here is a Montana R4944 moving some snow.

Picture 031.jpg

11. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

Sweet tractors everybody, I'll post mine later-oh, wait a second, I don't have one! I can dream though-:)

12. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

looks like a lot of snow to move for that little Montana

13. kramarj

kramarj Junior Member

does anybody have any idea how big of a plow I could put on the FEL of a Kubota B7100HST, it has 16 hp. i was thinking like a 48" to a 60", any thoughts, thank you

14. merrimacmill

from MA

If I remember correctly, with the cab, heat, cd/radio, lights, FEL, plow, and 61" bucket it was around $17,000.

15. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

thanks merrimacmill

16. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

merrimacmill....

first off, nice video it was edited really nicely, I especially liked the part when the plow truck slammed into a pile in the middle of the alley timed to the beat of the music.

now, it may be the editing but your sett-up doesn't quite seemed fully streamlined. meaning it seems your constantly windrowing back into the previously cleared zone. Have you considered Turkey or ProWings or a Vplow for your truck? and maybe a box blade for the tractor or at very least a snow bucket?

Please don't take this the wrong way, I mean no ill intent, I'm sure it was just the editing, but that is how it came across to me.

17. merrimacmill

from MA

Well I know that and I'm surprised that I haven't gotten more comments on that. That is NOT how I usually plow. But we were just trying our best to get cool shots and were not really to concerned with where the snow was going. The video was shot during four different pushes so that is part of it, the editing is part of it, and then since we were more concerned with cool shots (like hitting the snow pile) than efficiency. On a normal night things would never go that slow, but this was a special occasion. For example, I had a huge area of the lot plowed, then we decided that hitting the snow pile would be a huge part in the video, so we set up some piles there and then I had to plow that whole area again. But yanno, it all worked out. Hope this answers your question.

Have a good one!

18. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

I figured as much:p, but you do need some wingsussmileyflag

19. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

20. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

Has anyone used a 2305 with a snowblower