1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Compact Tractors

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by CM's, Dec 8, 2010.

1. CM's

CM's Junior Member
    from Midwest

I'm going to upgrade one of my tractor unit's. Right now I have a L4240 for summer work. I'm looking at the L5740 so I can run a Normand inverted snow blower. Do any of you have experience with this machine or the combo?

I've also looked at John Deere 4720's. I'm looking for real world experience.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  2. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

I'm on the edge buying a 4720 myself to run a pronvost inverted blower. The 4720 is a very nice tractor but I'm not sure it has the hp to run a 92" blower.
  3. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

I have a JD4520. I have the canopy top, no cab at the time you couldn't use a backhoe with the factory installed full cab.. Attachments include; Grapple bucket, loader bucket, pallet fork, box blade, sickle bar, mower, landscape rack, back hoe, post hole digger,MX6 rotary cutter. I've had it 6 years. I have used for land clearing, brush cutting, fence and post installation, installed about 1 miles worth of driveway. I've beat the living daylights out of the machine. It has about 880 hours on it. I've used it in 100 degree weather and-10. I
    blew an engine seal and that was the only problem I've had. It was 5 years after purchase and had 600 hours on it. Dealer had it fixed in 2 days. total cost without tax $965.32. Considering how my Dad and I beat this machine up it has help up great. Maintenance is fairly easy the only hard thing is greasing all the zerk fittings the loader has about 16 alone. Other then that oil changes and filters are easy to get to. hope this helps.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  4. csx5197

csx5197 Senior Member

Your 4720 should have enough horsepower to power the snowblower. What blower were you looking at getting?