1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

compact tractor with rear blade

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sven1277, Oct 31, 2011.

1. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I have a Kubota B7610 24hp tractor. Its set up for plowing with front blade, cab, heat, and extra lighting. Have used it for sidewalks. We have an apartment complex with a skid steer on site to do all the roads, cul-de-sacs and short, 1 car driveways, about 100 of them. I was thinking about repurposing the tractor by leaving the loader on the front and putting a 6' rear blade with end plates for pulling the drives out and using the fel to push the snow up on the grass. I think it will be much more efficient than using the ss alone. Anybody else use a rear blade in this manor? Thanks for the feedback.

2. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

I had a kubota B7500 set up very much the same, with cab,front blower & front blade. I would not go the rear blade route. If you plan on using this machine for years to come, set up the loader (im guessing its a 352 loader) with quick attach to go from bucket to blade. I had the 2650 front blower, it moved a lot of snow fast!