1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Compact tractor questions

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JRSlawn, Jul 21, 2011.

1. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

I have a couple condo units that are real close to my house and I am thinking about buying a john deere 4320 with a cab loader with push box and maybe a blower on the back on the unit. My question is what size tractor do I need to push a 8 foot box or blade. I am trying to stay a little smaller so I can put it on a skid steer trailer and use it all summer to mow and brush hog.

2. leon

leon Senior Member

tractor

You will recieve a lot of opinions on this but you are backing
    into this problem rather than starting at the beginning.

You have to examine more than what tractor and implements
    you wish to have.

You will lose mobility with a wider implement and increase your
    amount of liability and you have to remember that snow is going
    to build up at 21 pounds per cubic foot or more as you advance
    with a box blade and you will run out of traction before very long
    and simply raising the box plow only compounds the issue as
    you will have to go back and clean up.

You have to look at your cash flow to see what you can justify
    as far as a machinery purchase before you do anything.

3. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

Leon I kind of thought about an angle blade so I can windrow the snow to one side or another I want to keep it a little on the small size so I can use it year round with the mobility with summer attachments and the ability to trailer it and move it site to site in the summer brush hog-mowing season.

4. leon

leon Senior Member

tractor etc

==================================================================================================================================================================================================================

The BX 1860, BX2360 or BX2660 would provide you with the H.P. with no issues,

The BX2660 will allow you to have more power when you need it in reserve.

Dont waste your money on a rotary cutter as a Caroni flail mower will be a better
    mower for brush and it will shed the brush better PLUS you will be able to use the same flail
    mower for mowing nice grass. with much less power or work if you buy a finish flailmower
    and you will not need two mowers!!!!!

The belly mower for a Kubota will cost more than a Caroni of the same size as they
    www.agrisupply.com will ship it to your door with frieght included in the price.

Just so you know the engines on the BX models and other brands have had the injection pump timing advanced to reduce emmisions and make the EPA happy and the vibration is a b&**& and they have been cobb jobbing fixes by adding platform isolators and heavier rubber mats; if you find a good dealer they will change the pump timing for you to make it idle smoothly.

5. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

leon I would really like to stick to deere I have a great local deere rep and can get a pretty good price on this machine. I talked to him today he has a customer with an blizzard 86-11 on the front of his he is supposed to be getting me some contact information for this customer

6. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

the bx line of tractor is way way way to small