1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Compact tractor, pusher or hydraulic blade

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BGHARLEY, Dec 13, 2015.

1. BGHARLEY

BGHARLEY Junior Member

I'm in Western Kentucky with only 3-4 snow events a year. I need to provide snow and ice management for 2 strip malls. Using a l4600 Kubota, My question is do I use a 7-8 foot snow pusher or a 7-8 foot hydraulic blade. Ill set both the tractor an truck up to be able to run a salt spreader using bagged material. Its not a money maker but it secures the lawn/landscape for those properties.

2. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

You can run a bigger blade than a box pound for pound.

I'd think about an expandable plow, Western, Blizzard etc.. Best of both worlds and maybe more cost effective.

3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Pick up a used 8- 8.5 plow and build a loader mount, this would give you the most versatility with little out of pocket expense. Brand doesn't really matter since the only thing you'd be using is the moldboard, "A" frame and angle cylinders. You should be able to find a conventional plow from around $1200.00 or less. You can add a set of Buyers Pro Wings ($200.00) to increase productivity but have the option of taking them off if you get a big snow and the extra width is to much. Depending on your skills you can also make a set of box ends to make your plow into a pusher.

4. rubidriver

rubidriver Junior Member
    from west ky

I'm in Paducah. I suggest going with an 8' pusher. It makes stacking and putting the piles where you want much easier. Clean up is a breeze with the closed ends too.