1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Compact Fisher Plow on Full Size?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by j&hsnowplowing, Feb 5, 2011.

1. j&hsnowplowing

j&hsnowplowing Junior Member

Hey guys,
    I have a compact fisher minute mount plow. Its the perfect size for my dodge dakota. Only Problem is that the plates i have only work on the full size truck head gears not the compact headgears. So apparently there is a differerence? any way i could get this plow to work on my truck?
    Thanks,
    Nick

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

So you have HD head gear and a LD blade?

3. nepagearjammer

nepagearjammer Member
    from nepa

I have a complete 6'9" MM1 minus the pump, rams, lights A-frame is about 21" smaller than the HD plows.

4. j&hsnowplowing

j&hsnowplowing Junior Member

Well I did some research. Theres compact plow they made for smaller vehicles. The plow is a 6'9". My plow was off a tacoma. My truck is considered a fill size so I guess the frame on a compactis different than a full size. There is a 3 1/2" difference between the a frame and the push plates. In the end I have to cut and weld to fix the problem

5. chachi

chachi Junior Member
    from NY

how did you ever make out with this?