1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

communication (ditching the two ways)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JRSlawn, Jan 9, 2012.

1. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

I am thinking about ditching our kenwood truck and handheld 2 way radios our dealer is awesome and they work perfect just not what I need. The guys are constantly out of their trucks and we never use them in the spring and summer. I have tried verizon push to talk and its absolutely terrible. I am thinking of going to spring-nextel and going with their direct connect system this way my guys can have them on them at all times I can send text messages they can send me picture messages of problems or damage that may happen. we can also track them from the phone on their gps software plus use the direct connect as we are now on our kenwood radios. What is everyone else using and does anyone else use sprint like this???
  2. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

after using push to talk, we are now back to fully cell phones... you can't go wrong with them and it just makes sense.
  3. Jacobsmovinsnow

Jacobsmovinsnow Senior Member

We still use 2 way radios for training purposes. However most guys on my crew are familiar with the site requirements and I dont want to micro manage. Used to have a ton of cell phones, however most of the crew had their own anyway , so we never renewed the contract. I have 2 cellphones on me. One of em is what we call the hotline. between myself and my foreman. I pay 15. per month and as long as I call within the PC family , there is no charge for calling and unlimited airtime. the other phone is for customers and crew to call me on.