1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Common pump probs?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by PerfiCut L&L, Nov 13, 2005.

1. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L Senior Member

I have an E60 pump that isnt working. I ran it last winter no probs. Today I tested it and nothing. The relay clicks so I assume its working. Ill double check tomorrow all the electrical connections and make sure Im power. What are some common problems with these pumps to look for? assuming power is getting to the unit?

Whats the average cost for having one rebuilt?

2. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

Jump the pump motor to power and if it runs then you have a bad connection most likely in the multi pin connector. I got rid of mine and hardwired the lights, solenoids and power.

That pin connector is junk and causes a lot of issues.

3. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L Senior Member

Apparently the motor is no good. I bypassed the connectors directly to the motor and nothing.

I found an new E-60 motor for about 50 bucks. How difficult is it to replace the motor yourself?

4. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Changing E-60 Motor

Hey Rob,

Changing the motor is easy. Check your Manual you got with the pump. It should give step by step instructions. If you have any problems, stop by and I'll show you how.

5. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

I use black tape to hold the motor together while Im bolting it to the pump......Rob