1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Common Leaks for the E47

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by loc, Jan 31, 2011.

1. loc

loc Junior Member

So I have been chasing the leaks on my E47 for a couple weeks now. The plow was freezing up so I replaced the fluid and started fixing leaks. So far I have replaced all the hoses and the fittings, I have tightened the ram nuts and checked for pitting on the rams and lift. Where are the common leaks and places water gets in on these pumps?

2. donjhart

donjhart Junior Member

common leaks E47

Most of the time the couplers on your angle rams will be the place water is drawn into the system i usually replace mine every couple years this includes the swivel coupler at pump,and i have not had any freezing problems since doing this my pump is 22 years old. Hope this helps Don.

3. loc

loc Junior Member

I did notice that the couplers are leaking now that is my next thing to change we'll see how that goes

4. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Welcome to Plowsite !

Just remember loc, if the fluid can get out, water can get in.