1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Common Driveway Pricing?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dave in Pa., Nov 15, 2003.

1. Dave in Pa.

Dave in Pa. Junior Member

Have read most of the pricing threads and realize geography has a lot to do with pricing but would anyone want to comment on my "mental dilema"? I do about 12 residentials all within 3 miles of my house. Upscale homes ($350k & up), about 10 minutes in each drive up to 6 or 8 inches and charge and average of about $40.00 to $50.00 I now have customers where there are 3 houses at the end of long paved "common" driveway, some of the houses I do but not all, but the common drive I plow & then the 3 owners split that charge. Couple owners have blowers or tractors but can't handle the common drive. The common drives are easy enough (unless we get a 24 incher) and maybe take 20 or 30 minutes max at 6 inches, and I have charged $60.00 so each owner pays $20.00 plus say $40.00 if I do their drive also. These drives are 12 feet wide and as much as 1100 feet long. Do you think I am charging too little for them? Am I getting too hung up about how much blacktop I am cleaning cause once your rolling, every 30 seconds your going forward you are cleaning off another 200 feet probably. Its far easier than backdragging the 3 bay garages on the drives but I would welcome any comments!! Dave :waving:
  2. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

I live in the same area you do, and do driveways like you explained, I charge 45 or 50$ every 6-8 inches. Last year when we got that 22 inch storm my customers got charged 150$. No complaints.

Alot of the houses I do are David Cutler built, sounds like what you have, I have seen flyers at some of my customers homes that were handed out this fall, " Driveways plowed for 20$ "
    it made me so mad:realmad:

I will have contracts this year, last year was my first year plowing.
    Good Luck.
  3. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

your 60 dollars is fine unless your sanding nedd to get more like 75 per drive.

driveways for 20 dollars whats he out of his tree id be pissed to
  4. Dave in Pa.

Dave in Pa. Junior Member

Thanks for the input; yeah $20.00 is a bit ridiculous when the owners kids won't even go out & shovel for $20.00! Hope you have good luck this year with the pricing! Thanks, Dave