1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Commericial Account

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowguy1550, Sep 21, 2005.

1. snowguy1550

snowguy1550 Junior Member

There is a new walmart opening up by me I want to try to get it as a plowing Account! Any ideas on how I would go about doing that? :help:

2. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

See the store manager, then if they are accepting bids ask him/her if they want it bid by the push or by the hour.

3. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

what he said thats the best way. :waving:

4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds good to me, I think if its a Wal-mart your gonna need some big plows though..

5. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I'd do what other said.... however, I thought all the walmarts and big chains like that had a contract with smg or someone like that

6. snoking

snoking Senior Member

not all of them.

We take care of the Walmart where we are in michigan. We plow it by the year, average 25 pushes or so per year. Its a super walmart and we do the whole place with 2 one ton fords in about30 mins with 4 or less inches. Bring the loader in to stack as needed ounce or twice a year and salt everytime we plow and when ever needed other than that. We charged them 42,000per year. 6000 a month. last year we had under 12000 into doing the property...something to go by

Erik

7. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

[QUOTE Its a super walmart and we do the whole place with 2 one ton fords in about30 mins with 4 or less inches.[/QUOTE]

Did you mean hours ?
    Todd

8. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

We take care of 3 Supercenters. Plow 2 of them, mow and sweep all 3. Let me assure you of this, unless "snoking" is joking, smoking, or it was just a typo, don't use his numbers. If he is clearing in 30 min then there must not be any cars, and they must have 25 foot snowplows on those trucks. lol There will be megaloads of variables in stores such as mentioned. For example, we can clear a 6" snow on a week night after the holiday season a lot faster than a 2" snow at noon on the weekend before Christmas. Is it open 24 hours? Physical size of parking lot varies per store. Time of day, and amount of snow will also be variables to consider. Just make sure before you waste the manager's time that you can handle things. If you have 1-2 trucks and it is a big 24hour store, you might think again. We got a blizzard Dec 22 last year that dumped hard and fast and we had to commit 3 backhoes, 2 skidloaders, and 10 trucks to one store. This is not typical for our area, but 3-4 trucks for a 2-4" snow would be recommended to clear in a reasonable timeframe. Traffic will make a mess of things if you don't clear it fast. Good luck if you go for it!

Just curious about "snoking's" numbers. $42k/year at $6k/mo equals a 7 month snow season? Not saying it isn't possible, that could be the way the store wants to break up payment for budgeting purposes, but 7 month payout seems odd to me.

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe he meant a Walgreen's. I've yet to see a Walmart that could be done in a half hour. Maybe he just does the sidewalks. :confused:

10. SnowGuy73

I think you can get those done in 30 minutes or less with two 1 tons..

11. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

As long as you can stay out of each other's way and not collide. ;)

12. SnowGuy73

Good point, I guess that might be overkill at a Walgreens.