1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

commercial use

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by beaugross, Mar 6, 2013.

1. beaugross

beaugross Member

I am not to familiar with snowdogg plows...just looking fir your opinions. Are the plows interchangeable between one mount? I would think the wiring would be the same between the expandable and the v...but i don't know. Are they durable and not have any big issue? Any Insight is appreciatd.

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

This is my second season with mine and the only "Problem" I've had is a hose loosened at the fitting on the hydraulic pack leaking a little. It was my fault for not checking them since most every drive I plow is sand and causes a lot of bouncing on the plow. This season I have 25 properties, and all are forclosed houses so I plow after the storm. I've had to push a lot of snow with it this season including a foot of heavy wet slush at the end of February and it never phases this plow.

The mount is the same for the HD/XP/VX/TE plows. I believe only the MD's use a different mount. As far as wiring and controllers - you may want to PM Smoorman about that, but I'd assume all of the straightblade's would use the same (why wouldn't they I guess), I also don't see why my VX Controller wouldn't work with a straight blade but the programming may be different.

Compare the specs of the plows to the others, you'll see that the Snowdoggs are built heavy and are very durable. Most of the "problems" in this section don't really have to do with plow breakage, mostly minor wiring issues which is common of all plows after awhile.

Best of luck.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]