1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Commercial SQ Ft Pricing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Inwind, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Inwind

Inwind Junior Member

I am adding Commercial This year, Trying to get some idea as to a Sq/Ft pricing. I am currently bidding a 53,000 sq/ft lot.

I know there are a lot of variables but some clue would be a big help.
    I also will be offering Sanding.

The customer stated he wanted it plowed every 2" and sanded when needed?

2. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

I would never charge by the square foot. 53,000 can be very easy and fast to do, or that same square footage somewhere else could be a complete pain in the ass and take a lot more time. I charge by how long it will take me.
  3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Figure hour and half X hourly rate™. 53K isn't much
  4. Fannin76

Fannin76 Senior Member

I charge by the acre. 53000 sqft is 1.23 acres so 1.23*xper acre=push price
  5. Inwind

Inwind Junior Member

Okay, I will have to move the snow about 175' across the largest area. It is mostly open with just a few light poles.

Just a ball park would help. I don't want to loose it nor do I want to low ball it. As I said I know there is a lot of variables.

Thanks for any help
  6. Fannin76

Fannin76 Senior Member

Go to task easy.com chose snow clearing. Use their measurement tool and if you like there price use it
  7. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

I disagree with your comment. Using a sq ft. pricing structure makes perfect sense to me. The variables you will need to plug in are as follows; obviously the sq. footage of the lot, your production rate (sq. ft. per hr.), and chargeable rate (rate per hr). Your hourly rate should not change (unless you charge different rates for different equipment), but your production rate will as it relates to the difficulty of the property. Production rates for various sized plows and other equipment are available on this site and through SIMA if I am not mistaken. I use a spreadsheet with the above variables for both plowing and ice management.
  8. Inwind

Inwind Junior Member

Thank you Herm, is it possible to see your spread sheet? I also have good pictures of the site.

ath 2 snow plow.jpg

Ath 1 snow plow.jpg
  9. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

I will send you a PM
  10. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

Quessing around an hour to plow. $150 per time.
    $125 for sanding.
  11. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

Sorry to carry on. Key word here is.....

Does the insurance company guess
    Do employees guess how many hours they work
    Does the gas station guess the cost of fuel

The biggest threat to our industry is that many, many, many of us _____, you fill in the blank and don't guess!