1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Commercial Spring clean-up question(s)

Discussion in 'Sweeper Forum' started by JMS, Aug 12, 2010.

1. JMS

JMS Member

I am getting into some commercial accounts that require spring clean-up of all debris from plowing and salting. Besides a good hand held power sweeper for the grass and sidewalks, what is the most economical way to clean the road and parking areas?

I am running large tractor loaders, is there a place that rents sweepers that will fit on the loader?

This cost has to be built into the cost of the contract, so I don't want to find my self getting screwed in the end.

Thanks for any help.

2. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Many places here offer sweepers to mount on skidsteers, do your tractors have a universal mount plate like a skid steer? Is my idea of what you run accurate or do you mean large front end loaders? If so United Rentals can likely hook you up, I think they have Canadian locations........Here we never use stone dust or sand, so our clean up is very light, it's ussually more like a topsoil and seed where the plow skipped up over the curb to tear up a little turf, or resetting a block or two in a curb. Sometimes it's a little heavier............
  3. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

You can typically get some lot sweeping done, by a local sub, fairly cheap. Maybe easier once you consider renting the skid sweeper, and paying someone to operate it, delivery, etc...
  4. JMS

JMS Member

The tractors are JD 6430's, I'm not sure if the loader has a hook up like the skidsteer, I don't think they do, I believe that is an add on attachment. As for subbing it out, that might be a good idea, I will have to look at the cost of that.
  5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Yeah I'd call around for subs. I think you'll be surprised how cheap they'll do it for, rather than having to buy equipment. At least for now...........................
  6. JMS

JMS Member

anyone from the Ottawa area know a good contact to call for a sweeping sub