1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Commercial Snowthrower

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ztrguy, Aug 8, 2005.

1. ztrguy

ztrguy Junior Member

Anyone use a commercial snowthrower and just go around cleaning sidewalks for businesses or residentials? Thinking of just driving around seeing if anyone wants their sidewalks cleaned off w/ the snowthrower. Driving out of town when there is a big snow and looking for anyone that wants their sidewalks cleaned. Any suggestions?

2. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

most all business have contracts for there snow removal and won't allow it. there probably is a large contractor that would hire you to clear sidewalks only.

3. ztrguy

ztrguy Junior Member

Yeah, you're probably right about that one. But I'm in an area that doesn't get that much snow so most businesses don't have snow removal setup. They just kinda call ppl whenever we get some snow. Maybe I should stick to the residential sidewalks. Just going around knocking on doors. I'd probably get more business that way around here.