1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

commercial snowblower-or not?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mowisme, Jul 26, 2009.

1. mowisme

mowisme Junior Member

new here- Just getting into some snow removal but only snowblowing..off season work as I mow grass. I have a opertunity to get a excellent shape 'Simplicity' 860 snowblower. I'm told it is of commercial quality. I'm sorry..but have no numbers except looks to be late 80's to mid/late 90's. Is this a commercial grade blower? any users got input? thanks. really not looking for 'advice' on getting differant blower at this point..just info on this particular blower. Thanks- great place here! Geno

2. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

the 860's of old were indeed a heavy duty commercial quality machine. I believe in the late 90's-00's this level model was placed into the signature gold level or whatever its called. They were 8hp 24 inch models that came with a square stock frame, before they switched to lightweight tubing and stuff. Could be optioned I believe with electric start, simplicity's older stuff tends to be built like a tank. As you get newer in the years be mindful when looking at their "lower lines'', and as a side note snaper, (also maker of snowblowers) is a sibsidiary of simplicity.

3. mowisme

mowisme Junior Member

Thanks Chris..I'll be talking to him soon via e-mail. I know it is not any newer than early 90's..but how old not sure. It isn't a definate yet..but heading that direction. Geno

4. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

No prob, best of luck with it.