1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Commercial Snow Plowing Needed! [New York, Missouri, Wisconsin]

Discussion in 'Networking' started by PaulSam, Oct 19, 2015.

1. PaulSam

PaulSam Junior Member

Hello folks,

I manage a number of popular Convenience Stores throughout the US and am looking for new Snow Plowing companies in the cities below. Please let me know if your company can offer services in these areas and we can talk about getting you setup!

BRONX, NY
    SPRINGVALLEY, NY
    STONYPOINT, NY
    AUBURN, NY
    FULTON, NY
    ALLEGANY, NY
    OLEAN, NY
    PORTVILLE, NY
    MADISON, WI
    ARNOLD, MO
    MARYLANDHEIGHTS, MO
    CHARLACK, MO
    MEHLVILLE, MO
    MAPLEWOOD, MO
    INDEPENDENCE, MO
    KANSASCITY, MO

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Subscribed.......

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

x2...........

4. PaulSam

PaulSam Junior Member

Thanks guys. Hopefully I can come up with a few leads here. The customers in these particular cities were not happy with their previous contractors and are looking for new ones.

5. Mark Oomkes

Why weren't they happy?

6. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

You can try using the SIMA directory for professionals in those areas.

http://www.sima.org/hireapro/sima-member-search

7. PaulSam

PaulSam Junior Member

Mark, I dont know offhand. I dont work directly with the clients I work on the contractor side. My guess would be cost or performance.

Its an easy work scope they are looking for. Trigger is every 3 inches.. want cost per times on site to plow the 3 inches.

8. Mark Oomkes

Thanks, you just answered my question.

9. PaulSam

PaulSam Junior Member

Thanks! I had stumbled across the SIMA site last week and have been using it since. Good tool they have there.

10. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

It's going well so far.

11. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

3 inches is a mighty high trigger for a account that has a lot of foot traffic...

12. Mark Oomkes

Well, performance is going to suck if one waits until there is 3" of snow, compacted by constant traffic, vehicle and foot.

Pricing is also going to suck, because if you want me to beat the crap out of my plow and truck plowing 3" of hardpack, you're going to pay for it.

Last, this late in the season most decent contractors are going to be almost booked up. At least in normal snowfall areas. Basically, what I am saying is, you're late to the party. And I don't know how many professionals are going to accept a 3" trigger on a 24/7 site. But that's just me.

13. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Sounds easy eh? It might to someone on the outside, or to those whose motivation is cost savings and passing on liabilities...but it's not easy to professional snow & ice managers. That spec does not support industry standards or best practices in any aspect.

Until your client steps up with normal and safe expectations I can almost certainly guarantee they will continue to be frustrated and unhappy with the contractors they choose. They can be thankful there is still a very low barrier of entry into this industry...'cause that's who their going to be dealing with a spec like that.

Good luck to you Mr. Paul. You'll need it sir.

14. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

They may be better to have a sale on ho ho's and natural ice 24 ozs cans. That will increase your lot traffic and you can just pack the snow down and not even plow

15. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Can't pm you but I'm in spring valley and stony point
    What u got

16. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

They'll call you though if they decide they want any service under 3'' and you can get there within 1 hour. yeah, ok, i'll make sure that I pull trucks off of jobs with realistic specs to service the "occasional" customer, or have a few extra trucks sitting around for that 5 times a year we get over 3'' at a time. I tried explaining this to them, and offering a fixed seasonal rate at realistic triggers last year, but to no avail. we have a good relationship with the facilities management company dealing with landscape maintenance, but the snow side never works out, didn't even bother trying this year.

17. Mark Oomkes

But, but, the specs are easy.

18. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

I was going to chime in, but I think you all said everything I was thinking! That trigger is a lawsuit waiting to happen! (maybe that's why they need someone new! haha)

19. Backwell

Backwell Junior Member

We cover Auburn and Fulton NY. Please send me a message if you still have a need in those areas or email me ron[at]upstatereo.nyc

20. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Really? You want to be involved with that? You should just work for USM. The outcome will be the same.