1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Commercial sidewalk pricing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Bulldog15, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Bulldog15

Bulldog15 Junior Member

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post and I was hoping you all good give me some advice. Here is my situation: I have a building maintenance company and one of my accounts has asked me to submit a proposal for 11 sites. Sidewalks only and calcium chloride. All sidewalks are 10-15 feet in width and average approx. 2000sq. ft. Iv"e never done snow removal but will have to if I want to keep existing client. I figure to purchase 2 blowers and a spreader for the calcium chloride. These jobs would be in the Bronx, NY. I could use as much help as possible to come up with pricing. Is there such thing as a price per sq. ft?
    Thanks for your help,
  2. Bulldog15

Bulldog15 Junior Member

Could anyone tell me if these prices sound about right? Sidewalk, no obstructions, 200x20.
    1-3 $205.00 3-6 $305.00 6-9 $405.00 9-12 $505.00 over 12 = $100.00 per inch. Calcium chloride $125.00. This is my first contract and I dont want to under bid. What do you guys think?
  3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

the sidewalk is 15 to 20 feet wide?
    do it with a plow.
  4. Bulldog15

Bulldog15 Junior Member

I'm just getting started with 2 blowers. Are the #'s I'm charging in the ballpark?
  5. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

a 15 foot wide sidewalk with a blower is going to take at least 6 to 7 passes.
    I can do it in two with a plow
    or 4 with a ATV either of which at 4x the speed.
    blowers are great for HUGE snow or small areas that you can't really get into with a plow or an ATV.
    I do a 15' by 200' sidewalk in 20 minutes, that's maybe $50 (plus salt) to $100 up to like 6 to 12 inches.

You gotta have the right equipment for the job. Someone is going to bid it like that.