1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Commercial Rates Please..wheel loaders, skidsteers ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by flash, Aug 25, 2006.

1. flash

flash Junior Member

Hello Forum,

I have been plowing for sometime but been a sub rather than the actual contractor .
    This year I wish to lock in something I can call my own account. Please keep in mind I am aware of other threads and there is no price fixing associated with my thread or anyones reply.!!! So please help if you can.

I wish to know if there is a sq. ft. price on large shopping mall type accounts ?

I wish to know how much a contractor mid size or largest like snow systems would charge the customer for a wheel loader and snow pusher mounted ? / a skid steer with plow blade /
    a plow truck with blade / a salt truck per hour or per ton ?

Someone talked openly about snow systems in one of the threads stating they pay $65.00 per hour on a plow truck and give bonuses every year...I have misplaced that thread and wish to ask him and anyone else who wishes to help on these questions.

I think I was told large outfits hire out wheel loaders with operators at $175.00 per hour,
    skid steers with blades $75-$95 per hour, if they hire out for that ????? what do they figure in as the main contractror....why cut my self short if you all can please be of assistance.
    Sincerely, Steve
    :)

2. flash

flash Junior Member

...Seasonal Rates For Large Commercial Malls ?

Hello again,

I should of added this question in the previous thread about " Commercial Rates "

I am bidding on a large commercial mall , ok what ideas or rule of thumb on Seasonal rates,
    have read others are say 20 snow falls, others are saying different...

does anyone want to add to the new and old questions...I am new on this forum and am looking for sincere help !

Large outfits like snow systems , I believe go after seasonal and wish for it to never snow ,
    that would be a great and profitable year...
    ...but the seasonal package price must be a cautious price for if it does snow 8-10 snow falls I would think ?

..ok ...help if you all can PLEASE !!!

Sincerely, Steve :)

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Just a question for you regarding square foot pricing. Are you selling square feet to the customer?

Other than that, only someone in your area is going to be able answer intelligently the hourly rate question.

If you insist on pricing by the square foot, how many square feet did you plow in an hour as a sub? For subs with loaders, you're going to have to ask the sub what they're going to charge you per hour, add your markup and also determine what how many square feet they can plow in an hour.

PS The bold print is meant to be a hint to help you answer the first question.

4. flash

flash Junior Member

thank you for your reply, you are correct, will go measure and figure it out...

Thank You , Steve

5. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Bobcatservice

It not a good time of the year for a great audience in this forum.
    Mike

6. spiviter

spiviter Member
    from chicago

Flash, I would start with smaller jobs and work your way up to the bigger stuff. If you under bid the job you can go broke half way thru the season. I have found out that most of my accounts want a per season price. It dont matter if you get 1 or 100 snow falls they hold you to the contract..... And If a machine breaks down or guys dont show up or you run out of salt, You have to have a backup plan to get ya thru the night.

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

flash, what I am trying to point out is that you are selling time, not square feet. That is why you need to determine your hourly rate for your equipment and sub's, production rates for the above equipment, the average amount of snow you receive, and then you can come up with a price for seasonal, per push or per inch.

Do a search on pricing, I'm sure you will find plenty of info to expound on the above.

8. flash

flash Junior Member

I understand what you all are saying and it makes a whole lot of sense, lets see the way it goes, I will bid what I believe I can handle.

??? for v box spreaders....what do you guys think about the snow ex model 8500 poly unit, cost: $5,003.00 or the 8000 model $3,479.99

what do you guys think of the rcs snow pushers ?
    are they as good as protech or avalanch ?

Thanks much on the communications.

9. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I would defently get protechs. They where the first and the best. I watched a guy run head first into a concrete curb with one. Only to break the curb. Not the protec