1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Commercial Question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Hegartydirtwork, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Hegartydirtwork

Hegartydirtwork Senior Member

I would like to expand into commercial plowing/landscaping work, although after reading some of these threads I am starting to question those thoughts. Are there any good maintenance companies to work for? I am in the eastern part of new york bordering mass and connecticut. Any information would be appreciated.

2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

There's a lot of good commercial work out there that don't require working with crap management companies. Often times on small and medium commercial properties, there isn't a management company and you can establish a good relationship directly with the owners. Local management companies are usually pretty easy to work with as well.

3. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

Copake...that's quite a haul from anything commercial, ain't it?

4. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I plow for several large chain type stores. I have never subjected my company to work for any type of management companies. I think the larger box stores are more headaches than they are worth to begin with. Sure they were good money at one time, but now I will take all the smaller lots, and let the guys who don't care about getting paid play with the big stuff.

5. Hegartydirtwork

Hegartydirtwork Senior Member

Thanks for the feedback guys, I am not equipped to handle big stuff right now anyway so I am looking for the small lots. For the right job it would be worth the ride to Hudson NY or Great Barrington MA.