1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

commercial pricing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Doug8949, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Doug8949

Doug8949 Member

I know it is different for different areas but what is the average price you get for a skid steer and the price for a pick with plow. Please and thank you.
  2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

125 truck 150 skid

Subs get paid 65-80 and 95-105
  3. 98K3500

98K3500 Member
    from WI

Thank you Whiff for a concise answer which rather simply addresses the OP's question.

Very refreshing!

Others would've demanded more information about his EQ, number of customers, political affiliations, and Zodiac sign so they could start maligning the OP's life choices in general, all without addressing the question at hand.

We need more responses like this on Plowsite, and other forums I belong to.

It pains me to watch new members in general who post a few times with good intentions, and get brow beaten into going back to being a "lurker."

We all cannot be experts (myself included), and not all of the "experts" carry the title with grace and competence.

My .02.

Let the flaming begin...
  4. CHCSnowman

CHCSnowman Senior Member
    from Indiana

You shouldnt get flamed and I agree with you guys. I am in the roofing business as well and I see the same thing in that field...

I laugh everytime I see someone get mad because someone asks a ballpark price question, because 9 out of 10 times that same person will be the first to flame on a lowballer.....and the lowballer don't even know he is lowballing because no one will share the going rate.

I would rather tell someone a ballpark price, then beat them with my expertise, than to have them lowball and me never get a chance.
  5. 2ExploreSnow

2ExploreSnow Member

If a snowblower is used on the skid-steer, add a little more since that's not an implement that can be used rest of the year.

Depending on terrain, if chains are used then add a few $ ... just a few
  6. yardguy28

yardguy28 Senior Member

personally I'm charging $70 an hour for a truck and plow. I have no idea what skid steer work goes for.
  7. Plow Nuts

Plow Nuts Senior Member

Nationals in this area are paying 90$ he for skid steer work....

I get 75$ hr subbing with a 2500 hd pro plus 8'2" plow.
  8. Doug8949

Doug8949 Member

thanks guys for the info and for the quick answers just dont want to be that low balling ass hole and i really dont like leaving money on the table.
  9. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

I would rather new guys ask instead of low balling..

$100 truck with 9'ft plows
    $75 skid w/bucket.. $125 skid/ 10' Box..

Better to bid "per push" by inches.... Tight route you avg. $200-$300 a hour
  10. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

$100 for skid and $120 truck with 8.5 plow and bigger

I should charge more with skid since it will out plow a truck

But every body around here has same rate for a skid
  11. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Im in grand forks, trucks $75-85, skid $90-100.

East coast cost of living is higher so the numbers are bigger, but we all make the same (generally % wise).
  12. hyfire39

hyfire39 Junior Member

in des moines, iowa area

Pick-up with plow $70-85
    f-550 larger dump truck around $85-90
    Skid loader with bucket $85-95
    Skid loader with Box pusher $115-130
    1yd loader with box pusher $135-155
    Hand crews $35-55
    Sidewalk machine/ atv plow $50-65
  13. rcn971

rcn971 Senior Member

When we sub we get $85 per hour for a plow truck and $125 per hour for a skid