1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Commercial Plowing Bidding Help?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Midredco, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Midredco

Midredco Junior Member

Hello Everyone,

I'm new in the biz with some commercial accounts to bid on, are there any websites I can get info on estimating? Any literature available that someone may know of? I'm basically subbing out the work and have received my estimates, just wanted to start learning on how they bid, the sub I'm using dosen't want to share his formula (which I can understand). Just thought I'd see what the pros have to say. Thanks in advance for any leads......

2. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Well at first it's kinda a guessing game. You just need to figure out what everything costs you to do per hour, then add a profit, and maybe some more. Each area is different. My area I can only get so much, but I would like to get more (everyone does) like some other guys can get on here.
  3. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

MIDRECO the search feature on the site is very informative and useful in making the best decision for your business. Good Luck
  4. Midredco

Midredco Junior Member

Thanks guys, signed up with SIMA last night, found all the info I was looking for. Thanks again for the replies. Gus