1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Commercial Plow Yes or No

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by firefighter1406, Jan 12, 2009.

1. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

Is it dumb to by a plow that has been used commercially? Just wondering I don't want to buy a piece of crap. Or does it all depend on how it was treated. The one I am looking at says it shows signs of werar but works fine.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

How old is it? What kind of plow? How much?

3. firefighter1406

I think it is about 5-6 years old, RT3, comes with controller, mount, and wiring for my truck $1200.

4. firefighter1406

Sorry it is a 8.5 foot blade.

5. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

If you want a commercial sized plow, you will probably always find one that has been used commercially somewhat. If you are happy with it, then go for it.

6. firefighter1406

I have had people tell me that the 8.5 is to big for the F-250. How heavy are these plows? Are they right or do I just need to put some trimbrens in the front or something to that effect? I have a call into the guy. It is a 8.5 super duty steel and am getting it installed on my truck for $1500. I think that is a pretty good deal.

7. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

For any of the plow specs go to the Boss website, they have all that information on there. Timbrens wont increase your load carrying ability but they will help you handle the load. So your install is 300, or the install is 1500 in addition to the 1200 for the plow? If you have any mechanical ability you can do it yourself if you want, its not a huge deal.

8. firefighter1406

It is $1500 for the plow with installation. I have thought about doing it myself, but now I can't get hold of the guy selling it. I don't know if he is out plowing or what.