1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

commercial plow for wrangler???

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by hillbillydeluxe, Feb 11, 2010.

1. hillbillydeluxe

hillbillydeluxe Senior Member

need a heavy duty plow for 2004 jeep wrangler. i had a 7'6'' snoway, but is not heavy duty enough for what i do. i could just trade it in for a f250, but i love how small the jeep is. boss makes sport duty but the mount is only for 97-02,07-10 years, how hard would that be to custom mount that on mine? western came out with the HTS plow, and doesnt make a mount for a wrangler, but someone told me that the hts plow also works on unimount, any one know if thats true? any suggestions?

thanks

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Fisher makes amounting kit
    http://www.fishersnowplows.com/pdfs/48430.01_040109.pdf
    with this mount you can use a fisher 7 1/2 HD plow.
    The mount is NOT heavey duty, you will have to beef it up a Little. I also drilled and welded in tubes into the frame for longer bolts to be used in place of bolt #4

3. hillbillydeluxe

thanks, only thing that scares me is the 690 lbs...thats seesm like a awful lot. what do you recommend i do to the front? i have a 2004 stock wrangler..i didnt do anything with it when i had the snoway ( only 280lbs) ( i still "have" it... but its in peices... some lady hit me and totaled it) and anyone know if unimount is capatible with the new HTS plow?

4. Snow Miser

Snow Miser Senior Member

fisher also makes the HT plow which is exact same thing as the western HTS except that it is a trip edge instead of a full trip blade. The HT only weighs about 414 lbs.

5. theplowmeister

from MA

You arnt going to get commercal plows that are lightweight. I added air shocks for the 2000 jeep wrangler the shocks are Front MA 763, Rear MA 765
    and I added a 300# rear bumper that plugs into a classIII hitch.

6. hillbillydeluxe

ok looks like my only option is the fisher. thanks again.... ur a jeep god!

7. hillbillydeluxe

well just on fisher's website... closet dealer from me is over an hour away... thats gunna be a issue.. :dizzy:

8. hillbillydeluxe

I went on fishers website, and no dealers were listed within an hour from me. Called a friend and theres a fisher dealer literally 20 minutes away that I've never heard of, but still. they were not listed on the fisher website. so I'm in luck.

9. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

your 2004 frame is the same as the 97-02 frames, boss must have made a typo or never updated that mount since 02

10. c2weech

c2weech Junior Member

What kind of plowing were you doing with the snow way? I heard some good things about their durability. Cause I was thinking of getting one for my girlfriends Liberty as an extra driveway machine.

What busted on the snow way?

THanks

11. hillbillydeluxe

Well, first off. a lady turned infront of me and I T-boned her, the plow is in pieces, and it was totalled when checked out by my dealer. With that being said. I do 8 driveways, and 13 small parking lots. In the middle of the season I went to go take the plow off my Jeep and saw two broken welds, while these were covered under the warranty it was still a hassle to take it the shop mid season. They told me that The 22 series was for a couple driveways only ( homeowner use) and that i was abusing it by using it for more commercial type plowing. And my cutting edge wore really fast.. and had to be replaced after only ONE SEASON.. which i still dont understand. i love snoway.. they are a good plow. But i was starting to get to serious for it. So if your doing a couple driveways.. definetly go snoway!. but if your doing lots ... need something heavy dutier. just my opinion.

12. micklock

micklock Senior Member

Check out Snowdogg, they are made by Buyers in Mentor, Ohio. We had over 10" wed and I had no problem doing 3 parking lots, 3 private roads and over 20 driveways with my MD75. One parking lot is a 27 hole golf course/restaurant that is pretty big, I have a manual and the lot is long enough that I can shift into second gear and throw some snow.

13. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

Boss does not list 03 to 06 for Jeeps, but the 97 to 02 mount works on them. Boss seems to think the 03 to 06 front end can't handle the weight, but it can. Fisher and Snowdogg also make a mount for the Jeep. While Meyer makes a plow for it, I would stay away from Meyers. Curtis also makes a mount for the Jeep.

14. hillbillydeluxe

Well, I have the option to trade my jeep in for a f250. But I'm 20 years old, and I paid the jeep off, and I don't want another car payment. So I'm trying to figure out which one to do?... If I was to keep the jeep.. i would love to put a boss sport duty...or a fisher HT or HD on...I Talked to my local BOSS dealer, and they told me they don't make a mount? So not only am I thinkin of which plow i could put on my jeep if I keep it, I'm also considering upgrading.... WHAT SHOULD i do??
    I plow driveway and parking lots. I"m all "curfuffled" over what to do?

15. theplowmeister

from MA

Pick.. driveways OR parking lots. Trying to do both with 1 truck is stupid (I know a lot of people do it) you end up with something that is good with one but not the other. Like trying to make a trail rig AND a high-way cruiser.

good luck

16. hillbillydeluxe

My only issue with driveways around here is that theres not a huge demand for people paying for me to come every 2"-3". They want me to wait out the storm and come either when they want me to or after the storm dumped 8"...and I"ll kill my jeep pushin that. So I'm frusterated with drives. They only want me to come plow when they can't get there cars out of there own drive, and it'll hurt either my jeep or my plow trying to push 10". My parking lots are nice, all fast food businesses, and there perfect size for the jeep, I've plowed them with a ford f250 and its hard turning and backing up. So do i get a truck and go for lots?... or get a beastly plow( BOSS or Fisher) for the jeep.. and do what i can?...

17. Mems

Mems Senior Member
    from Maine

I can't see how getting a decent plow on the Jeep is not going to be the best route. Small parking lots and driveways are where the Jeeps rule. Talk with the dealers about what plow the "suggest" that they will warranty for the type of work you do and get it in writing. This will allow you to have a great plow setup and still be covered for any mishaps that you may encounter due to the excessive wear that can be found doing commercial work.

18. theplowmeister

from MA

The only plows that are "suggest" for Jeeps are light weight personel plows.

19. theplowmeister

from MA

You can keep only the customers that are willing to use that charging profile and drive MILES between them

OR

use a different billing profile.

yes, a jeep is perfect for a fast food parking lot.

20. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

Obviously if you had the Snoway 22 Series, it wouldn't have lasted you long for a commercial plow. Ask me how I know as I did the same thing with my ST and cracekd my poly.

But I upgraded to an MT, the equivalent of the current 26 Series which is the plow grade for most F150s, Rams, and GM 1500s.

A Snoway 26 series in 7'6" with Steel is 473#s and your frame, wiring, etc from the 22 Series on your current Jeep should all fit the 26 Series as well. That means all you need is the plow, and everything else is fine. You can save a 22# with the Poly, which is what I have on my MT 7'6" and it holds up great for my commercial needs.

If you are worried about the weight the additional weight, at least put the Timbrens on front and rear. Add some ballast out back, or maybe a tailgate salter or something. Also depending upon wether you have the Rubicon, Sahara, etc... find the skinniest tire with the largest load ratings in the same overall diamater you have.

Obivously make sure your brakes, and all the other items are all in order. You should be fine as a few Jeep Wranglers are using the larger 26" 7'6" Snoways.