1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Commercial/Municipal sidewalk clearing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Big Dog D, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Anybody here sub-contract to municipalities for sidewalk plowing with either a Bombi-SW48, trackless or another equal type machine? What do you use? How do you charge? Is it worth it?

2. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Anybody???????????????????

3. fms

fms Senior Member
    from Maine

Holder tractors are used for the sidewalks in Portland, Maine and they're about 20k cheaper. They use a deep-v blade or a snow cutter and spread sand/salt from the back.
    The Toolcat is about 35k cheaper and can be multi-tasked by using any of your Bobcat Skid Steer attachments.

4. snow white

snow white Member

I USE TOOLCATS ,BOMBARDIER SW-48 AND TRACKLESS AND BOMBARDIER BM-50.................BM-50 IS EXCELENT BUT THEY STOPPED MAKING THEM IN 1993.............SW-48 TRACKED MACHINE IS EXCELLENT BUT LIKE TRACKLESS VERY $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$......THE TOOLCAT IS BEST BANG FOR BUCK HALF THE PRICE OF LAST TWO AND MORE YEAR ROUND USES AND IMPLEMENTS.......RATE TRACKLESS LAST............OVERALL TOOLCAT WINS BECAUSE OF PRICE ,DEALER AND PARTS AVAILABILITY AND YEAR ROUND USE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I OWN THEM ALL SO THIS IS THE TRUTH........................OVER 15 MACHINES DOING CITY SIDEWALKS....:drinkup:

5. Tommy10plows

Tommy10plows Senior Member

Sidewalks ?

Jeep, CJ-5, myer or western plow, either one will do a great job, angled hard over, cleans out a business district sidewalk in a few minutes.

6. Boycea

Boycea Member
    from MA

I can get you the contact information of the company that does the sidewalks for the town of Agawam if you are still interested. He does them with a skidsteer with a blade on it, no sand/salt spreading.