1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Commercial lot...what would you charge for this?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by sid6062, Aug 1, 2014.

1. sid6062

sid6062 Member

Hi guys...just curious as to what you would charge to do this lot? Per push and/or season pricing if you would. Red is definite, blue is an add-on possibly. I gotta get the hang of bidding and this is where I start I guess :) Thanks to everyone who contributes!

[​IMG]

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

What's ur thoughts?

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I would go seasonal on it

4. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Is any of the green space good for stacking snow? The farther you have to carry it, the more you have to charge.
    Going on the premise that I can stack snow where I want, I will say ★ for my area★ I would bid it @ $150 a push, salt & sand I would ask $140. That is for the red. For the blue, add $60 per push, $50 per sand / salt.
    Seasonal, x those numbers by 22. Again, ★for my area★....

Good luck, I hope you win the contract!

5. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

To the OP......What are your thoughts on this Lot???.....What I would charge in Michigan has No bearing on what you would charge in MD....

How long do you think this lot will take you with the equipment you have???...

May I make a suggestion to all of you guys that are curious about a price...

Go out and Buy John Allins book...Managing Snow and Ice....Its a Good jumping off point for all of you guys....I am in no way endorsing the Author...But, the book has some good basic information that will help....

This site is good for ALOT of things...Price shopping is NOT one of them...payup

6. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Is it going to be free of cars like the picture? If not that will make it take much longer. What size is it? findlotsize.com

7. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

North or southern mRyland. Pricing is huge difference between north and south.

8. sid6062

sid6062 Member

It will be free of cars...I'll be able to put the snow nearly anywhere I want....it's in southern maryland. I only have my truck so I figure about 30 mins? Thanks!

9. 1olddogtwo

What about salt and walks?

10. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

St Mary's? They're not quite annapolis prices but getting there. Everything I have is in pg

11. Defcon 5

30 Minutes???........I don't even think Olddog could plow that in 30 minutes with his Cat Loader and 16 foot pusher......:laughing:

12. 1olddogtwo

My sectional is limited to 6 mph......lol

13. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

I would be billing 3 hours for that lot

14. Buswell Forest

from NH

With my truck and plow, I figure 1 hour would get it done. Maybe a bit more. But not 30 minutes.

15. sid6062

sid6062 Member

Lol thanks for the comments. Now that we have a time, can I get an answer to the original question....

16. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

"Hi guys...just curious as to what you would charge to do this lot? Per push and/or season pricing if you would. Red is definite, blue is an add-on possibly. I gotta get the hang of bidding and this is where I start I guess Thanks to everyone who contributes!"
    RED
    Per Push = $210 2 inch trigger
    Season = I don't do it but For $5460 I would.
    Blue
    Per Push = $55
    Season = $1430

Now that is for my area, Madison WI / Time 1.5 to 2 hours Red / .25 to .5 on the Blue
    I do not try to set any land speed records, If it gets broken I have to fix it. :)

17. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

Seasonal is hard around here. Cause our weather is so unpredictable. Last year we went out 10 times. 3 years before that we went out a total of time times for salt. No pushing

18. Defcon 5

I would charge...............$33.99 + 12 cases of Beer.......:drinkup:....:nod:.

19. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

I'm closer to Defcons price. $30, 1 bag of hot pork rinds and a case of Schlitz. That's my standard "beer plower" price

20. Buswell Forest

from NH

I answered!